Class A Up to and including 5´4” (163cm) PRO Qualifier
Class B Over 5´4” (163cm) PRO Qualifier
1. Competitors compete in a two-piece bikini.
2. The bikini bottom must be v-shaped. Thongs are prohibited.
3. The bikini must meet acceptable standards of taste and decency.
4. Competitors can compete in an off-the-rack bikini.
5. The bikini does not have to be solid in color.
1. Posing music must be the only music on the CD or USB stick.
2. Posing music must not contain vulgar lyrics. Competitors using music containing vulgar lyrics will be disqualified.
1. Prescription eye wear (except sunglasses) is permitted.
2. Competitor numbers must be worn on the left side of the bikini bottom at all times while onstage.
3. Competitors compete barefoot.
4. The “Moon Pose” is prohibited.
5. Lying on the stage is prohibited.
6. Gymnastic moves are prohibited.
1. Each competitor, in numerical order, walks onstage and performs the mandatory poses as follows:
a. Front double biceps/open hands (no flat footed full front pose – some sort of front twisting pose)
b. Back double biceps/open hands
c. Side triceps with leg extended
d. Side chest with arms extended
e. Front abdominals and thighs
2. The competitor has up to 60 seconds to perform the mandatory poses. A 10-second warning will be given.
3. Depending on the number of competitors in the class, each competitor may be directed to:
a. exit the stage until the entire class has performed the mandatory poses at which time the entire class is called back onstage; or
b. line up along diagonal lines on the sides of the stage.
1. The Head Judge will call the competitors, in small groups and in numerical order, to center stage to perform the quarter turns and mandatory poses.
2. In the call-outs, the Head Judge will direct specific competitors to perform the quarter turns and mandatory poses. Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other.
1. Competitors are called onstage individually in numerical order to perform a posing routine to music of the competitor’s choice.
2. The length of the posing routine is a maximum of 60 seconds.
3. Depending on the number of competitors, the promoter and Head Judge may decide that only the top finalists shall perform their posing routine.
Confirmation (if necessary*)
Competitors are called onstage and, under the direction of the Head Judge, are compared in groups while performing the quarter turns and mandatory poses.
*The judging panel, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to re-judge using a Confirmation round.
Posedown (overall title only)
The top finalists take part in a 60-second posedown.
The Judging is scored 100%.
Ties are broken using the Relative Placement method.
Comments on Judging
The Women’s Physique division has been created to provide a platform for women who enjoy weight training, contest preparation and competing. Competitors should display a toned, athletic physique showcasing femininity, muscle tone, and the beauty and flow of the physique.
The following are examples of common terms used in the bodybuilding industry. These words can be helpful to assess what should not be descriptive of the physiques being judged in Women’s Physique – ripped, shredded, peeled, striated, dry, diced, hard, vascular, grainy, massive, thick, dense, etc.
All types of physiques will be considered when it comes to height, weight, structure, etc. Excessive muscularity should be scored down.
Women’s Physique competitors should have the overall aesthetics and look that is found in Figure with a little more overall muscularity.